Records and Information Management Services: Fall 2019 Newsletter
RIMS Annual Report FY19 Completed
| ||RIMS Annual Report FY19|
RIMS has published its FY19 annual report, summarizing the goals and activities of the RIMS office in FY19 and outlining expected priorities for FY20. Throughout FY18 RIMS team members helped departments across the University of Illinois System get control of their information assets and meet disposal compliance requirements with the State. During FY20 we will be revamping our outreach strategy, continuing to support research as it relates to the management of digital archival content and helping units with records inventory projects.
RIMS launches pilot program of records assessment hourly positions
|Files Processed by Students|| |
RIMS has hired two hourly graduate students from the iSchool to participate in a pilot program meant to address the need for hands-on, practical help with records assessment and disposition. Our pilot has now been up and running for two semesters and we’ve already helped over 20 departments across the Urbana campus identify records for transfer to Archives or disposal. While only in Urbana currently, we have plans to expand this program to other campuses in FY21.
Tips for Using Box More Effectively
Are you using Box to its full potential? Check out these helpful tips!
| ||Box Logo|
- Check the sharing permissions on every document you share! You can easily customize permissions to make documents accessible to only a select group of people or even require University login to view.
- Use metadata to level up your organization skills by tagging your documents with custom labels that will help you easily sort and find documents.
- Use Box to store attachments and share links instead of attachments in your emails.
- Use the versioning tool in Box to review changes made to any document you have permission to edit. This also allows you to upload a new version at any time while all of your links stay active!
- Be sure to read the Box Health Data Folders Policies and Guidelines document before using Box to store Personal Health information.
If we can help, please contact us!
Information Management Spotlight: All-Employee Expos!
|UIC All Employee Expo|| |
RIMS recently attended the UIC All-Employee Expo to share information about records management and the services we offer. Did you miss us? That’s okay! We’ll be at the Urbana All-Employee Expo on October 17th and are currently in talks to schedule a speaking engagement at UIS this coming Spring. Keep an eye out for us!
The RIMS team sends a newsletter twice per academic year at the start of the Fall and Spring semesters. We've included you in the recipient list for this newsletter based on your prior interaction with RIMS, but feel free to unsubscribe if you feel this content is not relevant to you.
If you were forwarded this email and would like to receive to future newsletters, please subscribe.